Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 9- Day 3

Today, we got the results for the solutions I made yesterday. We had both good and bad news. Good news first: The Na concentrations we almost on points as we had only two samples falling of the 10mM concentration it was supposed to be(7.9 & 7.7mM).The rest were about within 5% of the 10mM intended concentration. However, the bad news is that the Mg concentrations were all off by a factor of 7. This was surprising and confusing at the same time because I was pretty sure I did not multiply my calculations by any factor at all. So, the conclusion today was that I should make some solutions of just different Mg concentrations and water without the tris and NaCl. I made about 5 samples starting form an Mg concentration of 300ppb with an increase of 600ppb between solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment