|Figure #1: Results from Gel|
After this process was done, professor andresen and I decided to do one more trial with the past solutions but this time, instead of making 3% agarose gel, we will be making 1% gel. What this would do, it would make us see the base pairs stuck at the top of gel from the previous samples. For this new trial, I will use two samples with out the proteinase K trial digestion and two other samples with the full trial digestion. Unfortunately when I was moving the agarose gel to the special the machine that was gonna give me my results, the gel felt apart and what this meant was that I needed to redo my work all over again. which I eventually did.
The next day I ran the gel and while I was waiting for the gel to be done I prepared another trial digestion that I will do next week. This new trial digestion consisted of time intervals of 5, 10, 20, 40, and 60 minutes and 1.6 micro-liters of 100x diluted micrococcal nuclease.
Once the gel was done, I look at the results and they were a little better than previous results but it still didn't show the base pairs that we want it to see. We are hoping that next week with this new trial digestion, we will be able to see the results we want to see. Its a struggle keep seeing how our trials always fail but even though its slowly, we are making progress and we will be able to find what is causing our results.