Monday, June 12, 2017

When 30-day free trial comes to your rescue

For the past few days, I have been trying to figure out a way to average my data from the NanoAnalyze isotherms. I have tried using different ITC analysis programs to facilitate my work, but to little avail. I started off by downloading a series of ITC based software with some interesting abbreviations- NITPIC and SEDPHAT.

NITPIC can be used to extract the raw ITC data from NanoAnalyze to perform a number of functions including thermogram reconstruction and processing integrated isotherms from the raw thermogram. I ran a test trial using data from my 5mM DNA-Cobalt Hexammine data. The program succeeded in producing a beautiful isotherm for me. I then converted this isotherm into a format that is readable by SEDPHAT. SEDPHAT processed this data and subsequently produced a global fit. However, I still couldn't figure out how to integrate this data with isotherms from my other trials, in order to generate an average fit for my data points. I played around with the program for hours to figure something out. But this is one of those stories without a happy ending.

NITPIC 

SEDPHAT
However, when there's a will, there's a way. I discovered another way to generate a mean isothermal plot. This process was lengthy and relatively complex.

I found a graph plotting software online that has been programmed to produce sigmoid fit for a data set. This software is called OriginPro 2017. I downloaded a 30-day free trial version of the program from a website. I had to average the area data from the "5mM DNA w Cobalt Hexammine" ITC runs using an Excel worksheet and I exported the mean results to Origin. I used the Boltzmann model of the Origin software to create a plot of the mean area data. Voila! There's the sigmoid fit I wanted:
Sigmoid fit for the 5mM DNA isotherm. (And yes, the demo prints are due to the trial version)


No comments:

Post a Comment