Tuesday, June 14, 2011


Today I analyzed the four concentrated trials I ran yesterday. Overall, there were a few interesting points that I found. Within the range of our error, there was no magnesium in any of the samples, which makes sense because none was added to begin with. There was a fairly consistent amount of Phosphorus (DNA) in all of the samples, which ranged between 500 and 600 ppb. In general, as the concentration of PEG was increased, more Cobalt was precipitated. Logically, this led to an increase in the charge contributed by the cobalt at higher PEG concentrations. At the highest PEG concentration, the charge contributed was around 1, which raises the question what was compensating for the charge at lower PEG concentrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment