Wednesday, June 22, 2011


Today I spent the day looking at the 5mM Co series, which goes from 0 to 50mM Mg. I was somewhat unsure as to the concentrations of ions that I would find, so I made a very broad calibration series, and a 100X dilution of the samples to test this out. The results were pretty similar to the series I have run before, but with much more DNA. This makes sense, because our collaborator changed his procedure slightly and prepared the samples with more DNA. It is strange that we did not see an increase in the other ions as well, but it may have something to do with the initial conditions we are looking at for this series. Overall, this dilute run was somewhat unreliable, with particularly strange results for the fourth sample. Tomorrow I will use what I have learned about the concentrations to make a concentrated run.

No comments:

Post a Comment