Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week 6- Day 3

Today, I was handed two new articles to study. These articles had to do with the extraction of the red blood cells and then the NCP form the chicken blood.
The first one was named " Isolation of histones and nucleosome cores from mammalian cells". It summarized the extraction of the NCP from mammals but it was related to what we are doing with the chicken blood so I learned a few extra things.
The other article named " Salt induced transitions of chromatin core particles studied by tyrosine fluorescence anistropy" was actually where professor Andresen extracted our protocol for extracting the NCP from the chicken blood from. So far,I have learned the roles of the different buffer solutions and also the principles behind all the procedure. I will continue with this article and hope I finish reading it tomorrow .

No comments:

Post a Comment