Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 5 - Day 2

Today, we kicked off preparing a new sample of NCP right from scratch using the red blood cells from the chicken blood gotten from last year as the source. We decided to do this because of the abnormal test results we got from using the NCP solution from last year. A suggested explanation for the weird behavior in which the NCP did not aggregate was that the sample may have been mishandled which led to its damage. So we started with the long process of separating the NCP form the cells. We started of with the erythrocyte lysing, then the nuclei lysing and finally the nuclei digestion. We ran out of time mid way through the process but we will hopefully finish up tomorrow. Pictures of solution at different points of the extraction are shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment