Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Week 3- Day 2
Today, we had to improvise for a cord needed to run the UV monitor and the fraction collector. So we got our hands dirty with connecting wires and I also got to solder for the first time! The connection using the improvised cord worked as planned with some help form Prof Andresen. We also used a form of chromatograhpy to separate some mini beads from solution. We will use these beads later on to separate the single, double..etc chromosomes from one another and then analyze them using the fraction collector and the UV monitor.We also got familiar with the new labbelling device which we will use to label our test tubes from now on.