Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Week 4- Day 2
Today, we went to check on the nucleosome solutions we left to filter in the cold room and found out that they were in good condition. We then sorted out the collected samples by figuring out which test tubes had the single and double nucleosomes in them. We then tested the samples containing the single nucleosomes to find out the concentration. We did this using a UV based spectrometer which I will show in my next post. After this, we concentrated the sample by using a centrifuge running at 5000g to collect only the nucleosomes from the solution. We tested the concentration of nucleosomes in the concentrated sample and found out that we lost roughly about 7% of the nucleosomes in the solution probably due to the filter in the centrifuge. But over all it was a good result.