Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 11th

Yesterday in the morning, I did a bit more research into how the plasma torch works, as well as the rest of the spectrometer. I gave my presentation on the work that we will be doing, and I also listened to what everyone else is up to. Then, in the afternoon, I worked on preparing a new set of samples to test in the spectrometer. This set should help me understand where some of the uncertainty is coming from. I am going to run two more series, which include some points from the calibrations. This should give us some idea if the calibration method is affecting the results. I am also going to prepare the samples using two different pipette methods, which will test another variable. Hopefully this will give us some idea where the uncertainty is coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment