Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Progress continues on a rainy Wednesday

More progress today, although not much on my part. I'll let John and Travis talk about any major results they found.

I'll tell you one thing, they've been working hard. I'm getting three times as much work done as I usually do. At this rate, we'll have all of science figured out by the end of the summer.

I, on the other hand, got a minimal amount of work done. I worked on getting Matlab installed, which is what we will use to analyze any x-ray data we end up getting. Although recent communications with the head of the beamline we were planning on using seem to suggest that this work will be later than we had hoped. Matlab can also be used to make some nicer plots of any data we want to publish. A little bit of friendly advice: Friends don't let friends publish excel graphs.

John and Travis will be happy to know that I ordered a bunch (25) of tube holders so that we aren't fighting each other for them as well as a bunch of other small things needed in the lab.

As for tomorrow, Travis should be finishing up his experiment today or early tomorrow. We'll probably pause on that so he can write up his talk that he's going to be giving on Friday. The same thing goes for John's current project. Hopefully after a day of thinking and looking at data on Thursday, we'll be going full steam ahead again on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment