Monday, June 28, 2010

June 24

On Thursday we took our final nucleosome solution and mixed a small amount of it with nuclease which ate the DNA that was between the nucleosomes. We put this mixture into a 37 degree Celsius bath and at 5 minute intervals took out a small portion and put it into a separate test tube that we then added EDTA to in order to stop all protein from working. This made sure that the nuclease would stop eating at our nucleosomes. We did this in order to determine how long we need to allow nuclease to eat at our nucleosomes to get the most single nucleosomes that we can. On Monday we are going to see how many base pairs we have in each of our timed solutions through DNA gels which when compared to a known amount of base pairs will tell us which solutions are best.

No comments:

Post a Comment