Friday, June 18, 2010

June 17th

Yestereday I investigated more into how the machine calibrates itself. I read all of the help files on the different types of calibrations, and tried three different methods on my latest set of data. These methods were linear, weighted linear, and non-linear. I found that weighted linear and non-linear were more accurate than linear, but neither provided the accuracy that we really need. Today I'm going to try another type of fit that forces the calibration line through 0. I am also going to try plotting a graph of concentration versus intensity on my own, to see how the calibration process works. I'm also going to make another calibration series that is equally spread over the range we will be working in, instead of the logarithmic set we have been using.

No comments:

Post a Comment