On Thursday, we continued our DNA production process. Our main goal Thursday was to conduct a trial digestion of a small sample of DNA to find the right amount of time to let it digest for. This essentially ruined the sample of DNA, but was necessary so we know how long to digest the rest. To do this, we split a small amount up into ten samples, and put in micrococcal nuclease. Then we let the samples digest, and stopped them in 5 minute intervals. When we analyze these samples, they should give us a good idea of how long to digest the rest. In the afternoon, I did some more research and worked on my presentation for Friday.
On Friday, we had our group meeting, and everyone gave presentations on their research. This went pretty well, but it took the majority of the morning. Because we had put in too many hours earlier in the week, we took the rest of the day off.