Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 15th

Yesterday, I spent the morning analyzing the results from the previous day's test. The results were somewhat inconclusive, but they did give me one useful piece of information. In general, when I used the 1000uL pipette twice, the results were slightly more accurate, by around a percent. The results were still off by approximately 3-4% though, and even the samples that I set to match the calibrations standards were off by this percentage. I tried altering the calibration method, which lowered the uncertainty a bit, by around 1-2%, so I believe the error is coming from both sources. In the afternoon, I designed and began preparing a new set of calibration standards, which go over a larger range and with more points in between. This should help me to minimize the uncertainties.

No comments:

Post a Comment