Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Yesterday I started the day by analyzing my results from the previous day. These results were by far the most accurate, but there were still a few issues. For some reason, when I ran the calibration series as a sample, they all were read very accurately, all less than 2% error. But for some reason my other series was still 4-8 % off. This leads me to believe that this solution wasn't prepared correctly, because the spectrometer is clearly calibrated correctly now. It would seem that spacing the calibration samples linearly and using a non-linear yields the best calibration. Later this week I will carefully prepare a new sample series just to confirm this. I also began reading another electrostatics paper that I will try and present on Friday.
Posted by Anonymous at 9:32 AM