Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16th

Today I prepared the next three trials for the second series, and ran two of them. Everything is going well so far. One thing that I am considering is running a trial at a higher concentration. I think it would be interesting to see if only diluting the solution to 50X or 20X had any effect on the results. I think part of the reason that the results are going so wacky for the higher concentrations of initial magnesium is that the precipitated DNA concentration is so low. I think that running it at a higher concentration would help get accurate data for the higher points. Unfortunately, we don't have enough sample right now to do this several times, so I will have to plan it carefully to conserve sample. We also had our meeting updating everyone on progress, and also describing some of the work we still need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment