Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26th

Today I made and ran a second series of concentrated samples for the first series. The results came out somewhere in between the diluted series and the first concentrated series that I ran. This is promising, because the results should all be the same. It is possible that there is some sort of concentration dependent interference that is happening, which could be causing some of the differences. Today, I decided to start running concentrated trials of the second series, and started preparing the samples. This should be easier because there is much more of the second series left. Overall, I am finding that the eighth and tenth points are still uncharacteristically high, which leaves me to believe it is something in the actual sample preparation. This is one of the only explanations I can see left, because I have ruled out most of the possible problems on the testing end. One possible explanation is that not all of the Mg buffer solution was removed when the DNA precipitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment