Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 21st

Yesterday, I started by running the last trial of the second series. I also prepared a few more tests and ran them as well. The first was a new test for chlorine, which worked slightly better than the first. Part of the problem was that I didn't prepare the NaCl standard quite right, but some of the results still come out negative. I also ran some of the Chromatin that the professor and Travis have been working on, and found that it had higher calcium concentrations than they expected. I also designed and ran a highly concentrated series of the first series. This should help identify what is actually going on in the last few samples of each trial. They have been fairly random, but almost always are way above where I would think they should be. This is attributable to the fact that are very low concentrations of all of the elements. This makes sense, because less DNA is precipitating.

No comments:

Post a Comment