Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 21

Yesterday I spent the morning looking through the spectrometers manuals trying to figure out why the results we are getting are so weird. While doing and alignment i put our sample container into its slot and noticed that only a small amount of light was going through the sample compartment and the rest was just going over it. So the professor re-ajusted the holder and I ran another trial on matt and andrews red and purple solutions and got better results than the first time. I also re-ran the collaborators chromatin and got its absorbance to be 3 times what it was when i ran it the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment