Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Color Coding FTW

sorry about not posting yesterday.  Basically what I did for the past two days was make up one large set of samples and 4 sets of calibrations.  Took a long time.  What we want to know is exactly how well our spectrometer measures sodium, since so far it doesn't seem very good.  I made up large samples with NaCl concentrations and cobalt and then calibrations with Na and Co.  I then ran the first of the four sets we will run.  Haven't looked at the data yet, but seeing as Brian and I are sharing the spectrometer tomorrow, I'll have time to review it then.

A note about my awesome color coding skills.  All the stands that the sample and calibration tubes are set in match the color strip in its corresponding excel document :D how's that for organization?

No comments:

Post a Comment