Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week 2 Day 3

Today we ran a second test.  This morning we ran the spectrometer and the samples.  Brian and I set up the machine and computer by ourselves, getting used to the program.  This afternoon we looked at our data.  My data came out much better than yesterday.  The control seems to still have a little magnesium, but barely as much as yesterday.  Also we ran all of our samples on axial, so my sodium came out very correlated this time.  Unlike yesterday we got some really bad data for it.  Then we spent the rest of the afternoon continuing to play with the program and figuring out how to export data.  It's really not a program that is intuitive at all.  Brian and I spent minutes staring at the screen going "wait...what just happened?"  The prime of this computer programming comes with me saving my re-calibrated data and WinLab deleting Brian's simultaneously.  Thankfully he only had to make up 2 minutes worth of work.  Finally got my data into excel with everything I could want.  Will continue to clean it up and organize to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment