Tuesday, June 12, 2012


This morning I made the axial align solution for the spectrometer. In the afternoon I ran the spectrometer with the samples I made yesterday.

The data came out well except for the sodium. The correlation coefficient was around 0.916 after initial reprocessing. I tried to fix the data by deleting sample 2. This sample had 0.049 ppm of Na. The spectrometer read it as having negative sodium. However the data did not look any better after deleting the point. The correlation coefficient was 0.90. Na 589.592 gave the worst data. It gave a negative value for Na when there was 0.33 ppm in the sample.

The correlation coefficients of the Mg and P were better. The Mg was about 0.98 and the P was greater than 0.990.

No comments:

Post a Comment